Digimon RPG

Site is inactive until further notice

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RahimBhai
Normal
Normal

PostSubject: What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?   Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am

Just about any hardware will work fine, but I can give you some tips.

1. NVidia's been having some trouble lately, and AMD has been doing an amazing job with their Linux drivers. Even better, AMD's moving ATi to an open source model (they're just working out licensing) so I'd recommend an ATi video card. The latest drivers from AMD even support redirected rendering for 3D on a 3D surface (like the cube), and Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, due out in April of next year, will have DRI2 (again, redirected rendering) working on the open source Radeon driver.

2. Your biggest issue will be a printer. HP and Epson are both very well supported. For other brands, check before you buy. Personally, I love my Epson.

3. Wireless shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just find what chipset the wireless is using, and you should be OK. Ralink, Atheros, Intel, and Broadcom are the most common, and should work fine.

has been doing an amazing job with their Linux drivers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
XREDXR
Normal
Normal

PostSubject: Re: What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 am

2. Your biggest issue will be a printer. HP and Epson are both very well supported. For other brands, check before you buy. Personally, I love my Epson.

3. Wireless shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just find what chipset the wireless is using, and you should be OK. Ralink, Atheros, Intel, and Broadcom are the most common, and should work fine.

home business opportunity
outsourcing besparen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XREDXR
Normal
Normal

PostSubject: Re: What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?   Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:59 am

April of next year, will have DRI2 (again, redirected rendering) working on the open source Radeon driver.

out of state movers
insourcing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?   

Back to top Go down

What hardware will work with latest Ubuntu?
Page 1 of 1